Is your Church eligible for the Small Employer Health Care Tax Credit for 2011?
The Affordable Care Act created a refundable tax credit as an incentive for small employers to provide health insurance coverage to their employees. Last year a number of churches in Iowa qualified for this tax credit. To qualify you must:
• employ 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees (FTE),
• pay average annual wages of less than $50,000 per employee, and
• pay premiums or contributions for each employee enrolled in the healthcare plan in an amount equal to a uniform percentage (minimum 50%) of the cost of the coverage
The deadline to file for this tax credit is May 15. For more information, download the 2011 Small Employer Tax Credit Memo that has been prepared by the Church Pension Group.
For questions or assistance in preparing the forms, contact Diocesan Financial Officer Robert Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-277-6165 x206.
Annual Parochial Report
• Parochial Report Forms and Instructions
• File Your Congregation's 2008 Parochial Report Online. You can also retrieve prior year reports from this site.
• Contact Anne Wagner or Robert Joy if you have questions or need assistance to log in